Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Parents Just Don't Understand: 8/18

Do your parents not understand technology? Do they ask you stupid questions? Do they send you absurd text messages? Do they use words like "MyFace,""SpaceBook,"or "The World Wide Web?" If you've got an example of your Parents Just Don't Understanding, submit it here! And thank God we'll never be as dumb as they are!Your parents' Starcraft.My dad, who does not use computers has been insisting that I teach him "the Craigslist" to sell stuff. So I taught him the digital camera, email, and actually posting to Craigslist. We get to the captcha and he gives up. Thanks for wasting 2 hours of my life.jake white from University of Mary-Hardin BaylorMy dad was filling out a form to sign up for an account on something. He wanted to know how to type his answers to the form in bold because it said "Items in bold are required."Katie Landry from Community College of Rhode IslandMy mom is new to Facebook. She confuses News Feed with Chat all the time. When I update my status, she thinks I am speaking directly to her. When other people comment on it, she gets angry because "they shouldn't be able to interrupt our conversation."Josef Morrissey from South AlabamaMy mum was recently looking to buy a new phone so I thought I'd show her some good phones on my laptop. I showed her the iPhone and said to her, "It's a touchscreen, is that okay?" She said yes and then started touching my laptop screen. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "You said it was touchscreen!" She still believes that I was just out to make her look stupid...Olivia Thorne from england (UK)My dad's still watching the 2010 Vancouver Olympics he taped on VHS.Andrew T from Tennessee












Written 2010-08-18 16:00:00
by Susanna Wolff
from Columbia University
48 likes







Spice Girls Matt Damon Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bon Jovi

No comments:

Post a Comment