Monday, July 19, 2010

Parents Just Don't Understand: 7/14

Do your parents not understand technology? Do they ask you stupid questions? Do they send you absurd text messages? Do they use words like "MyFace,""SpaceBook,"or "The World Wide Web?" If you've got an example of your Parents Just Don't Understanding, submit it here! And thank God we'll never be as dumb as they are!My parents have grown potatoes in their small garden for years. A few days ago I received an email from my dad that he had also sent to everybody that he has in his address book. He had attached a picture of this huge deformed looking potato and the caption read: "I've always heard about blogs. Do you think this counts as one?!"David C from Mississippi StateI was visiting my uncle and asked to borrow his computer to check my e-mail. He asked me what website I check it on and when I told him I used yahoo he looked really disappointed and told me he didn't have that one. He had four links to the internet on his desktop, each set to a different homepage. The man is a lawyer.Chelsea BakerMy dad just started texting within the last year and even though he has T9 turned on, he doesn't know how to change it, so most of the time it is not the word he tries for. So i was at home one weekend while my parents are gone, and getting blitzed right in the house and I get a text that says, "We'll be good soon." I didn't think anything of it, but 20 minutes later I heard them pull in to the garage and had to make a mad dash to put everything away, open every window in the house, and aerosol the whole place. I told them i just took a big crap and they bought it. Thanks T9.Garrett R.My dad puts the subject of his text message in parenthesis before he types the message. i.e. "(Milk.) Joe, check the milk supply in the fridge. Thanks, Dad."Joe Linder












Written 2010-07-14 16:00:00
by Susanna Wolff
from Columbia University
39 likes







Ken Olin Paige Hurd Kelly Preston Jessica Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment